Code of Conduct
People are awesome. People are awesome in different ways. We would like people to be awesome in their own way at our events.
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as organisers pledge to making participation in our events and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
In addition to this general role=drinks Code of Conduct events may have their own Code of Conduct. Please look for those on the event’s webpage.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Attempt collaboration before conflict
- Venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations
- Accepting the fact that not everybody drinks
Examples of behaviour that will not be accepted:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Inappropriate physical contact; you should have someone’s consent before touching them
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations
- Bringing any sort of weapon to an event
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at:
All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The event team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Event organisers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the event’s leadership.
This Code of Conduct built with the help of these resources: