Code of Conduct (CoC)
People are awesome. People are awesome in different ways. We would like people to be awesome in their own way at our events. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere where all of us can get together.
To get into more specifics, this means we do not tolerate any harassment or disrespect of our attendees due to age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Though we are a meetup that originated around drinks, we also enjoy the company of our friends who are not drinkers or those that don't enjoy alcohol. Prefer a coffee? Juice? Just drank a lake of water and are feeling perfectly hydrated, thank you very much? No problem, please feel welcome to join us!
This Code of Conduct covers all role=drinks events, but individual events may have their own additional Codes of Conduct. Please look for these on each event's website.
- Being kind to each other & showing empathy towards others
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Also being respectful of the venue - it may be shared with people not involved in the meetup
- Be friendly and patient when being offered constructive criticism
- Acknowledging, accepting, and being mindful of the fact that not everyone drinks alcohol or will drink alcohol at the meetup
- Any unwelcome sexual attention or advances including the use of sexualized language or imagery, sexualized comments or jokes, or inappropriate touching or groping.
- Inappropriate physical contact; you should have someone’s consent before touching them
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and discriminatory jokes or language
- Public or private harassment including intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations
- Bringing any sort of weapon to an event
- Getting drunk or hostile
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +31 6 57 910 007 (Zoë)
- Twitter: @roledrinks (DMs are open)
All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. For example: participants that don’t follow the CoC can be removed from the event, banned from future events, or both. The event team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
Event organisers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the event’s leadership.
This Code of Conduct built with the help of these resources: