Privacy and role=drinks
Privacy is a fundamental right that we’re all losing at an alarming rate. We want to be clear about what we—the organisers of role=drinks—do to try and not make you lose more:
- We don’t track you with any analytics.
roledrinks.com is hosted through GitHub Pages which doesn’t provide us with any analytics as far as we can tell.
- Although they probably collect analytics for themselves on the server side.
- If anyone is in the know about this please let us know.
- roledrinks.com uses a SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
This is tied up to GitHub Pages with CloudFlare.
- CloudFlare places a cookie on your device.
- According to CloudFlare this is for security purposes.
- Where possible outgoing links use the HTTPS version of the page.
Personal data we store (on GitHub)
- Your name and a link to your Twitter profile
- As of the 2017-06-17 event in Amsterdam: your Twitter avatar you had at that time.
Reasoning behind the last point in the list: we used to link to people’s Twitter avatar directly on Twitter. However, this caused content blockers to block these images leaving behind a bunch of empty squares.